So it’s over. It’s done. You and him. You and her= OVER. “Adios.” “Peace out” “Goodbye”.
The phone line is dead and all you hear is silence. You cry, you sulk, you get mad, you get bitter. You throw a tantrum, you throw youself in bed and feel like the life in you has been knocked outta you and your heart is just shattered in a million pieces.
“I hate him. I wasted so much time. I trusted him. I gave so much of my heart… I gave so much of ME. How could I be so stupid?! WTF WAS I THINKING?!”
… And you just keep beatin yourself up bout it till you dry your body out.
And no matter how bad you would kill to go back to the good times, you can’t. And the memories just replay in your head like a ripped film. And you swear you’ll never love again…
BUT after it’s all said and done, you know you can’t live like this. You don’t deserve it. You learn to look from a 3rd perspective view. You learn that he just wants what is best for himself and for you. You learn that he isn’t the bad guy and you’re not the victim; it was just a failed romance, and it hurts, BUT it’s alright. You learn that the effort and love wasn’t enough, it never was, because you were both blinded by lust from the gecko anyways. You learn no one should take any blame because he is a good guy and you’re a good girl, just not good together. You learn that you don’t need him to go through the day because as long as you have yourself, you don’t need someone to fulfill that empty void. You learn that all good things fall apart so better things could come together. You learn that it’s not completely over, because friendship still exists. You learn life hasn’t ended and time will heal all wounds. Just breathe… There’s always a calm after a storm.
Most importantly, you learn EVERYTHING WILL BE OK. It is… it will.. and always will be.
WORD.
